Sunday, January 16, 2011

I bought a new gardening book

I am really ready to get my vegetable gardening going.  I think I will do both containers and raised beds.
Our new house has an ideal neglected garden area.  I will take "before" pictures when the rain stops.
I bought a new book to help me plan what to plant and when.  In the past I just randomly planted.

I have started thumbing through my new Texas Garden Almanac.  Maybe the ground will dry up a little this week so I can go outside and get a better look at my space.  I really missed having a garden last year.  I hope that the birds don't come in and destroy it.  I've already been planning on how to put up netting to protect my "crop."

I am still waiting on my herb book to arrive.  I still have a few herbs that have survived in a container with no attention from me. Hopefully this book will arrive soon.

No comments:

Pageviews