Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Getting My Sqare Foot Garden Instructor Certification

I had the first session of my SFG (square foot gardening) certification class.  It was fun and I learned the history of SFG and the benefits of this gardening method.  It was a live web class.  There were attendees from Bangkok, the UK, Amsterdam, and many from around the United State.  There are only about 500+ certified SFG instructors worldwide so this is exciting.  I can not wait until next week and I cannot wait to get out and start practicing what I learn.

A few thing I want to share about SFG:

- SFG is a simple efficient method of gardening in a small space.
- SFG uses 80% less space than traditional long row gardening.
- Major benefits are:
     - Cost reduced 50%
     - Space reduced 80%
     - Water is reduced 90%
     - Seeds reduced by 98%
     - Work is reduce to a minimum
- Things that are eliminated by using SFG method:
     - Tilling
     - Digging
     - Fertilizing
     - Weeding

The benefits make SFG gardening easy and appealing!


No comments:

Pageviews