Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting started

Research, read, plan, and then just do it!!!
But start out small…………not easy for me but it’s what I am gonna do.

First I am going to order a self watering container because it is hot here in Texas and I have read that this is the best way to do it. I think I like the Earthbox kits.

Ok I placed my order for two Earthbox containers. I know I said start small and if you know me this is small. While I wait the two days until my containers arrive I will plan on which vegetables to plant. Keep in mind the time of year, temperatures, and what you will actually eat if it grows. For this type of information I am using these books The Bountiful Container and Incredible Vegetables from Self-Watering Containers. You will find really useful information such as which vegetables can grow together in the same container and what varieties are best. Another good source is your local county extension office.

No comments:

Pageviews