Monday, February 04, 2013

2013 Giving it another try

After my great garden of 2011 was ravaged by birds, squirrels or other critters I chose only to plant a few containers on my porch in 2012.   So this year I have a plan.  I will build a net over my raised beds and containers.  I am also planning on changing the irrigation system.  All this with the help of my husband.

These raised beds need some work and soon.  I have been saving egg shells and coffee grounds to mix into the dirt.  I will need to bring in some additional dirt and mix it all up.










I have started in indoor mini re-grow garden in recycled glass.  Many of you vegetable "scraps" can be regrown.  I have green onions, lemon grass, avocado, garlic, celery, and a carrot.   I will be moving the celery and garlic to dirt once they grow a little more.  I am also going to try regrowing a few sprouted potatoes.

No comments:

Pageviews